This is my new favorite Alfredo sauce:
4 TBSP butter
4 TBSP all-purpose flour
1c. heavy cream
1c. chicken broth
1c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2c. Parmesan and Romano cheese, shredded
3 TBSP Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4c. white wine
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium-size sauce pan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add flour. Cook and stir with a whisk until well blended. (2-3 min.)
3. Add cream and broth. Stir to blend.
4. Add remaining ingredients and continue stirring over low heat until cheeses are melted and sauce is a smooth consistency.
*If the sauce starts to get too thick, just thin it back out with a splash of wine or broth.
5. Toss with pasta and serve warm.