1 TBSP vegetable oil
1lb. ground venison
1 stalk celery, diced
1c white or yellow onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 TBSP chili powder
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/4c gold tequila
1/4c orange juice
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
2 TBSP chili seasoning
1. Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground venison and cook through.
2. Mix in the celery and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes.
3. Add red pepper flakes, garlic powder and chili powder. Stir to combine, reduce heat to low, and allow to simmer about 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tequila, and orange juice; simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 2 hours.
5. Add the beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Serve topped with Cheddar cheese, chopped onions, and jalapeno slices.