Served these last night as an appetizer to our pasta primavera dinner:
6oz. package ground sausage
12 whole mushrooms
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese
1/4c + 1/8c. Italian dry bread crumbs, divided
1/4c red wine
1. Preheat oven to 325*
2. Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain and set aside.
3. Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop and set aside.
4. In a madium bowl, combine cream cheese, mushroom stems, 1/4c bread crumbs, sausage and 1/8c red wine.
5. Fill mushrooms with mixture and top with remaining bread crumbs.
6. Place in an 8x8 pan and pour remaining red wine around mushrooms.
7. Bake approximately 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Guess I could have thrown a little chopped parsley over the top before serving.
You know, for color. No matter though, these were yummy!