2 1/2c pasta (I prefer the more swirly rotini to the classic elbow)
2 TBSP real butter
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
1c beer ( I used a pale ale)
1-1/2c mild Cheddar, shredded
1/2c grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2c Panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375*
2. Cook the pasta until just under al dente; drain and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat.
4. Add flour, whisking to form a roux.
5. Add beer and continue whisking until incorporated.
6. Reduce heat to low add add cheeses, stirring until melted.
7. Add paprika, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Stir and remove frm heat.
8. Pour cheese sauce over pasta in an 8x8 baking pan; toss to coat.
9. Top with breadcrumbs and bake about 20 minutes, or until nice and golden on top.