I have made this several times now and it always comes out perfect! The white wine adds an amazing aroma and wonderful depth to the flavor of this dish. It is delicious as is but could also be jazzed up further with mushrooms or maybe sun-dried tomatoes. The best part about this risotto is that it's ridiculously easy to make because you cook it in the microwave! Try it, you'll love it:
3 TBSP real butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 vegetable broth
1 c. Arborio rice, uncooked
3/4 c. white wine
1/4 c. fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. Combine butter, garlic, and onion in medium size casserole dish. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
2. Heat broth separately until hot but not boiling; about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes.
* I just use a glass measuring cup for this step.
3. Add rice and broth to the butter, garlic, and onion. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes.
4. Stir in white wine. Cover again and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh, chopped parsley, and serve.