Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sambuca

Have you ever tried this?

We had sambuca for the first time last weekend
and absolutely fell in love with it!

This is a great after dinner cocktail
that is said to aid in digestion.  Not that you
need an excuse, but there, now
you have one, just in case.  ;)

One thing about it though:  You have to love the flavor
of black licorice  because that is exactly what it tastes like. 
In fact, I nicknamed it, "Liquid Licorice".

Sambuca is an Italian anise-flavored liqueur that we enjoyed
served neat, although I understand it can also be served on the
rocks. It's personal preference that I prefer after-dinner
drinks to not be chilled.

A garnish of three coffee beans is customary. 
The waitress said it was symbolic of the Father,
Son, and Holy Ghost. 
According to Wikipedia, the beans represent health,
happiness, and prosperity.
Whatever, it's all good.
Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. im definitely going to be trying some of these recipes! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galliano is good too!
    Great Blog!
    I am your newest follower!
    Please follow back, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Quick Tattletails
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Im your newest follower from Mom Blogger Club. Have a great weekend.

    http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm I think I found my new best friend LOL

    http://cindyseesit.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!
    Cin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings