1c. baby carrots
2c. red potatoes, chopped
1 (16oz.) bag sauerkraut, rinsed and drained (this reduces that strong sauerkraut-y flavor)
1 lb. fully cooked beef sausage, cut into chunks
1/4c. white onion, thin sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4c. dry white wine
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. caraway seed
1. Layer carrots, potatoes and sauerkraut in your slow cooker.
2. In a skillet, brown the sausage; transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Saute onion and garlic in the skillet with drippings, until tender.
4. Gradually add wine or broth. Bring to a boil and stir in pepper and caraway.
Pour over sausage and veggies.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Serve with the rest of the white wine. ;)