1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
2c. heavy cream
1 (28oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2oz. vodka
1 (7oz.) jar roasted red peppers
2 TBSP parsley, chopped
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Drain roasted peppers, reserving about 1/4c. liquid. Cut peppers into small to medium strips.
2. Combine prosciutto, cream, crushed tomatoes, vodka, roasted peppers with reserved liquid, parsley, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a saucepan.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce comes to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
5. Stir cheese into the sauce and serve immediately.
Makes enough sauce for 1lb. of pasta.