I impressed myself with this one! Mr. Tipsy was equally impressed and quickly declared this
"The Best Steak" I've ever made! ;)
The butter, shallots, mushrooms, red wine.... it really was amazing.
Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
steaks, your choice but make sure they're semi-thick (less than 1")
sliced baby bella mushrooms, 1/2 pkg.
1 minced shallot
2 TBSP real butter
2 TBSP red wine
1 1/2 TBSP olive oil + 1 1/2 TBSP butter
1. Sprinkle steaks with paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme.
2. Heat 2 TBSP butter in skillet over medium high heat.
Add shallots and stir approx. 1 min. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
3. Add red wine and cook until thickened slightly.
4. Heat olive oil and remaining butter over medium high heat.
Add steaks and cook until desired doneness.
5. Top with mushroom sauce and serve immediately
with the red wine you opened especially for this recipe!