Monday, March 8, 2010

Pan-Fried Steaks with Mushroom and Wine Sauce

I impressed myself with this one! Mr. Tipsy was equally impressed and quickly declared this
"The Best Steak" I've ever made! ;)

The butter, shallots, mushrooms, red wine.... it really was amazing.

Here's the recipe:

paprika
salt
black pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
steaks, your choice but make sure they're semi-thick (less than 1")
sliced baby bella mushrooms, 1/2 pkg.
1 minced shallot
2 TBSP real butter
2 TBSP red wine
1 1/2 TBSP olive oil + 1 1/2 TBSP butter


1. Sprinkle steaks with paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme.

2. Heat 2 TBSP butter in skillet over medium high heat.
Add shallots and stir approx. 1 min. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.

3. Add red wine and cook until thickened slightly.

4. Heat olive oil and remaining butter over medium high heat.
Add steaks and cook until desired doneness.

5. Top with mushroom sauce and serve immediately
with the red wine you opened especially for this recipe!

5 comments:

  1. We rarely eat red meat, but I may have to make an exception for this recipe- it seems fairly easy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get your photos to look so awesome?!?
    I could almost eat the picture it looks to good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me hungry! Wow, that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing. Any good tips on picking steaks. Seems like unless I'm at the butcher shop I'm hopeless to pick a good one. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some steak in the frig...I know what's for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings