Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lemon Juice Substitution

Last night, as I was preparing dinner, I
discovered, well into the cooking process, that
I needed lemon juice and did not have a single
drop of lemon juice in the house. 

I didn't need much and I really, really did
not want to go to the store for one little lemon.

I referenced my food substitutions book and found
that white wine, in an equal amount, is an acceptable
 replacement for lemon juice.  Apparently, this is
common knowledge for some but I never knew
it until yesterday. 

So I tried a Pinot Grigio in my recipe and it worked great!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm, wine or lemon juice? I think I'll take the wine, thank you!

    Great tip, Holly, I never knew that. I've always heard to sub a little vinegar for lemon juice because it's acidic. Wine sounds better to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I've done the reverse. LOL

    When no whine, chose lemon juice!

    Following from TheBusyChick.com! Hope you'll return the follow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings