Friday, December 17, 2010

Easy Hot Chocolate with Amaretto

Yesterday, it was dark and rainy all day long which naturally put me in the mood for hot chocolate.  I debated whether to make it the (better) old-fashioned way, on the stove, or the easy way.  It wasn't a lengthy debate because within seconds I was ripping open a packet of the instant stuff.  Whatever, that's not the point of this post.  What I really want to tell you about is the amaretto.  


I microwaved my mug of hot chocolate powder and water and then ~ this is where it gets good ~ added a splash (about a tablespoon) of amaretto.  Holy cow!  Why had I never done this before?

Seriously, go try it.  You can thank me later.


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I never thought about adding Amaretto to hot cocoa. Sounds divine! I'll be sure to try it soon! Off to check out your dirty martini post! Cheers! Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings