3 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP salt
1 TBSP pepper
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 mango or 1c frozen mango puree, thawed
1 (2-3lb.) pork loin roast
1 TBSP coarse ground black pepper
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. chipotle chile powder, or to taste
1/8c balsamic vinegar
For the sauce:
½ tsp. chipotle chile powder
1 tsp. molasses
2oz. Bourbon or whiskey
1 (18oz.) bottle spicy barbeque sauce
1. Peel mango and remove pit. Place pit in slow cooker and chop mango.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over pork roast.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Place roast in skillet and sear, 2-3 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
4. Remove roast from skillet and place in slow cooker. Add chile powder, balsamic vinegar, and water.
5. Cover and cook on low heat 5-6 hours, or until meat is fork tender and cooked through.
6. Add chopped mango to a blender and puree until smooth. Add puree to a medium saucepan. Add chile powder, molasses and Bourbon; bring to a simmer.
7. Stir frequently until mixture is reduced and slightly darkened in color, about 10 minutes.
8. Add barbeque sauce and stir until evenly blended. Remove from heat.
9. When roast is fully cooked, remove and place on cutting surface. Discard cooking liquid and mango pit.
10. Shred roast using two forks, the return to slow cooker. Add mango barbeque sauce and stir to distribute evenly.
11. Cover and cook on high heat 1 hour. Serve on sandwich buns.
**Photo Coming Soon!**
These are some yummy sandwiches!