1 tsp. olive oil
1 c onion, thin sliced
1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 TBSP garam masala
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2c red wine
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
1c chicken broth
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove onion from skillet, and set aside.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with the garam masala and curry powder.
3. Place chicken in skillet and cook until browned on both sides, adding additional seasoning, to taste.
4. Pour in the red wine and red wine vinegar. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, scraping up and browned bits from the pan.
5. Stir in the onion and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.