1 (18.25oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix
1 (5 oz.) pkg. instant French vanilla pudding mix
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/4c vegetable oil
3/4c cream sherry
For the Glaze:
1/2c confectioners' sugar, or to taste
1/4c cream sherry, or taste
1. Preheat oven to 350* Butter and flour a Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix and nutmeg.
3. Add water, oil, eggs and sherry.
4. Beat on low speed just until blended.
5. Beat another 4 minutes on medium speed.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
9. Make the glaze by stirring confectioner's sugar and sherry together (I just use a fork for this) until well blended. If it's too thick, add more sherry. Too thin, add more sugar. You get the idea. Just play with it until it's to your liking.
10. Drizzle glaze over top of cake and serve or chill for later.
This a great make-ahead recipe because
I swear it tastes even better the next day.