Delicious as an appetizer or add tortellini for a heartier main course.
1/8 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 TBSP butter
1/2c white onions, sliced
1/4c green onions, chopped
3c butternut squash, roasted and cubed
1/4c white wine
2 1/2c vegetable broth
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ginger
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
8 oz. spinach and cheese tortellini (optional)
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add cumin, nutmeg, and butter. Stir until butter melts.
2. Add white and green onions. Saute a few minutes, until soft and fragrant.
3. Mix in squash, wine, broth, cinnamon, and ginger. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes.
4. Puree soup with an immersion blender until consistency is smooth.
6. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
If adding tortellini:
Cook according to package directions while soup is simmering and add just prior to serving.